Rates discount with Disabled Person's Allowance.
If you live in a property that has been adapted or has additional features to accommodate the needs of a disabled person living there, you might be entitled to a discount of 25% on your rates with Disabled Person’s Allowance.
Disabled Person’s Allowance is not means tested, so we won’t ask you to provide information about your income and savings. The property must be adapted to meet the needs of a person with a disability who lives in your home. Types of adaptations that qualify are:
- a room, other than a kitchen, bathroom or toilet, which is wholly used by the person with a disability for treatment or therapy
- an extra kitchen for the person with a disability
- an extra toilet for the person with a disability (including an ensuite)
- an extra bathroom (including extra toilets and an ensuite)
- extra floor space to use a wheelchair easily inside the property (wheelchairs for outdoor use only are excluded)
Further information is available on the nidirect website: