Job: Youth Engagement Worker
The post-holder will work with statutory, youth and community based organisations to promote and ensure uptake of health, school, education and employment services based in Banbridge and/or Craigavon areas.
- Assess the needs of young people and plan and deliver programmes related to mental health & well-being, suicide & self-harm, resilience, relationship issues, sexual health, drugs and alcohol and coping with school & employment.
- Recruit targeted individuals for programme participation.
- Respond to individual requests for assistance by assessing service needs and providing information and referral services as appropriate.
- Follow-up referrals in order to assess outcomes and provide additional services as required.
- Maintain close professional relationships with external specialist service providers.
- Promote the service incl. social media.
- Use appropriate IT to maintain project and client records.
- Organise and supervise Drop – In Facility and Diversionary Activities.
- 2 years experience of working with young people (11-25yrs) and relevant level 3 qualification.
- Knowledge of issues affecting young people and their families.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good working knowledge of social media and MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, email).
- Ability to use own initiative/problem solving skills.
- Experience of working to and meeting deadlines/targets.
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings/weekends.
- Full Driving Licence and access to a vehicle.